Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fresh Tomato Salsa

I've discovered that I love taking pictures of my food to go along with the recipes, but this one was sooo good I couldn't get a picture before it was gone. Jeff and I ate almost the whole thing in one night which by the way is a bad idea unless you have a big bottle of tums around! Jeff especially loves fresh salsa and has been trying to find a really good recipe for a long time. This is probably the best I've had.

Fresh Tomato Salsa

3 c. chopped, ripe tomatoes 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 green onions with tops, sliced 1 T. olive oil
1/2 c. green bell pepper, chopped 1 tsp red wine vinegar (we used apple cider v.)
1/2 c. purple onion, chopped 1/2 tsp salt
2 T. lime juice 1/4 tsp cumin
2 T. fresh cilantro
1 T. jalapeno, chopped (I think I'd only add this if I wanted it really spicy)

Mix all ingredients. If time permits, refrigerate salsa for two or three hours before serving so individual ingredient flavors will blend. Serve it with any tortilla dishes, grilled chicken or hamburgers, or tortilla chips.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Ok- that didn't turn out quite the way it was supposed to. If it's too hard to read, let me know and I'll try and fix it.