Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cookie Salad

Last night I thought I had a church function to attend.  I was supposed to bring both a salad and the recipe for it.  I wanted to bring a strawberry spinach salad, but the store was out of (affordable) spinach.  My second choice was cookie salad.  (Yum!)  I didn't like the fruit that the original recipe called for (Mandarin oranges and pineapple).  Not with delicious fudge striped cookies anyway.  In typical Angie fashion, I used the original recipe as a guideline and made up my own. 

Remember how I said I thought I had a function to go to?  Well....turns out I was a week early. Oops. My family ate my salad for dessert instead. Love all around for the cookie salad.

Cookie Salad
1 lg pkg vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
8 oz cool whip
1 apple, cut in chunks
1 banana, sliced
Strawberries, sliced
1 pkg fudge striped cookies

Mix pudding and milk. Let it set in the fridge for 5 minutes.  Fold in cool whip. Add fruit.  Just before serving crumble cookies and mix those in as well.

Enjoy!

No comments: