Monday, September 21, 2009

Golden Cream Soup

I just searched my archives to send this recipe to a friend, and realized I've never posted it here! (at least not that I could find) This is my favorites soup-warm, creamy and best of all cheesy. If I have posted this before, sorry.


Golden Cream Soup


3 c. cubed potatoes
2-3 c. water (don’t boil dry)
½ c. celery slices
½ c. carrot slices
¼ c. chopped onion
1 tsp. Parsley flakes dash of pepper
½ tsp salt
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 ½ c. milk
2 T. flour
½ lb Velveeta cheese

Combine potatoes, water, celery, carrots, onion, parsley, salt and bouillon cube. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, adding water as necessary. Add milk to flour a little at a time to keep from getting lumpy. Add to veggies. Stir until thickens. (Not real thick.) Add cheese. Stir to melt.


It goes really well with this cornbread. Happy Fall!

No comments: