Monday, July 9, 2007

Broccoli Soup

I know. I know. It's summer and a million degrees outside. Who in there right mind is thinking of making soup for dinner? Trust me. This is refreshing and very springy/summery. Add a turkey or ham sandwich and a lemonade and you're set! (I found this one a few years ago at allrecipes.com.)

Broccoli Soup

1 T. olive oil 1 potato peeled and chopped
1 lg. onion, chopped 4 c. chicken broth
3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 (10 oz) pkg. frozen, chopped broccoli salt and pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and saute onion and garlic until tender. Mix in broccoli, potato, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes until veggies are tender. With a hand mixer or in a blender, puree the mixture until smooth. Return to the saucepan and reheat. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. (I like to garnish with some shredded cheese) Serves 8.

No comments: